Now that Over-the-Top and TV Everywhere apps are dominating the market, vying for consumer attention has never been more challenging. To stand out from the competition and to effectively build stronger relationships with today’s consumers, network operators and other premium content providers must invest in future-proofed solutions that place the right content, in front of the right consumer in a way that exceeds their expectations time and time again.
As LVL’s DevOps Engineer, you will develop and support the continuous delivery and integration of applications used by a multidisciplinary development team. What’s more, you will also help shape our product architecture based on microservices.
LVL’s DevOps Engineer interacts with all of our product stakeholders! Reporting directly to the CTO, not only will you work closely with LVL’s product team of 20+ software developers, you will also work with our management, sales and design departments.
LVL’s DevOps Engineer will collaborate with our Software Engineers to deploy and operate our software environments. You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations and participate in all team sprint activities to ensure environments are ready for products being developed & deployed. In addition, you will troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
General responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with our development teams to define, maintain & evolve the LVL development, test and production cloud environments
- Assisting in the evolution of continuous integration and deployment process
- Defining and implementing an application monitoring tool
- Defining and implementing an error log system
- Automating infrastructure creation software so that Developers can include infrastructure creation in their code
- Evolving our load testing environments
- Ensuring our environments are secure
- Monitoring and addressing all production issues in a timely manner
As a DevOps Engineer you love exploring new tools and, above all, automating everything. In addition to your exceptional ability to solve problems and your analytical skills, you are self-motivated and enjoy working in, and collaborating with various teams. You also have either a Master’s or a Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
Additional profile requirements include:
- 3 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer with previous experience as a Software Developer and /or System Administrator
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems in a managed cloud environment
- Experience in automated build pipeline, continuous integration and continuous deployment to the cloud using GIT, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes and Spinnaker.
- Strong programming/scripting knowledge - Bash, Python, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS services
- Strong understanding of systems, networking and troubleshooting techniques
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Technically strong and hands-on
- Good at multitasking and able to thrive in fast-paced environments
- Methodical, thorough and solution-oriented
- AWS-certification is a plus
- You have experience in dealing with microservices architecture
Sound Like You? Apply Now!
If you are creative, motivated and have a genuine interest in contributing to the advancement of media and entertainment technology, you could be the perfect fit!
If you’re interested in this position but do not meet all of the requirements, we’d still love to hear from you. In addition to your résumé, make sure to send us a letter detailing why you think you’d excel in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, be sure to check out our open-source libraries and follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to stay up to date on any new LVL job opportunities.
Why Join LVL Studio?
Located in Montreal’s vibrant AI hub, LVL prides itself on fostering a friendly and dynamic working environment where innovation is at the heart of everything we do.
Join LVL and find your place within our team of expert strategists, designers and software engineers who provide major media and entertainment companies with the tools required to better reach, engage and retain audiences. From powerful entertainment platforms to leading products and services, our solutions make their way into the hands of millions of people, allowing our clients to refine the content discovery and consumption experiences they offer based on consumer trends and needs.
Did we mention that LVL offers a competitive benefits package, a base vacation bank starting at three weeks per year as well as flexible working hours?
LVL is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Check out our portfolio
Apply to email@example.com