Unity® Platform Specialists
As our Unity® Platform Specialist, you will be tasked with designing and developing a set of Unity plugins and APIs that integrate native features, specific to a variety of platforms (iOS, Android, Xbox, PS4, etc.), to our E2 framework. These features include video playback, background download, push notifications, social sharing, pop-ups and virtual keyboards.
Our team is made up of versatile, passionate and lively developers with varying levels of expertise. They take pride in their ability to write top-quality code and create powerful products and favour tight collaboration over working in silos.
As one of our master collaborators and star team players, you will liaise with our E2 product team on a daily basis, ensuring proper integration of native video/media platform features. You will define APIs that allow our E2 Framework’s C# code to benefit from native features written in Swift, Objective-C, Java and C++, all the while ensuring that the Framework layer can operate independently from the platform. In addition, you will integrate specific client-requested features and assist the sales team in defining integration points for project evaluations.
You have at least 5 years of software development experience and have a great grasp of the following skills and practices:
- Programming languages such as C#, Swift, Objective-C, Java, C/C++ (and a willingness to learn more!)
- Mastery of at least two mobile and gaming console platforms including iOS/tvOS, Android/AndroidTV, Xbox, Playstation 4, Wii (and a willingness to learn about and eventually master additional ones)
- Unit Testing
Other stand-out qualities:
- A positive and constructive attitude
- Great problem solving skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Exceptional focus and attention to detail
- .NET programming (C# 6.0/7.0, generics, LINQ, async/await, multitask, etc.)
- Reactive programming (ReactiveX, Rx.NET, UniRx, etc.)
- Familiarity with video playback on different platforms and with different DRMs
- Familiarity with gaming engines (Unity 3D, OpenGL, 360 video, VR/AR/MR, matrices, quaternions, vectors…)
- Open Source development experience
Sound Like You? Apply Now!
If you are creative, motivated and have a genuine interest in contributing to the advancement of media and entertainment technology, you could very-well be the perfect fit. Check out our open-source libraries and send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to stay up to date on any new LVL job opportunities.
Why Join LVL Studio?
Located in Montreal’s vibrant AI hub, LVL prides itself on fostering a friendly and dynamic working environment where innovation is at the heart of everything we do.
Join LVL and find your place within our team of expert strategists, designers and software engineers who provide major media and entertainment companies with the tools required to better reach, engage and retain audiences. From powerful entertainment platforms to leading products and services, our solutions make their way into the hands of millions of people, allowing our clients to refine the content discovery and consumption experiences they offer based on consumer trends and needs.
Check out our portfolio
Apply to email@example.com